Volk Optical’s Eye Check, an electronic handheld ocular measurement device, aids in the diagnosis of ophthalmic abnormalities. Capable of a number of key measurements including pupil diameter, horizontal visible iris diameter, interpupillary distance, margin reflex distance, pupil eccentricity and strabismus angle, Eye Check helps practitioners screen and document ocular characteristics for contact lens fitting and general diagnostic purposes.
The Eye Check’s intuitive user interface is easily navigated by physicians and support staff for seamless integration into the practice environment. Its real-time, accurate and objective results enable quick decision making and can be output to electronic records management systems with WiFi connectivity.
Eye Check can help to quickly identify patients that are candidates for specialty lenses and reduce practice drop out rates.
Eye Check measurement parameters that facilitate lens fitting are:
• Horizontal Visible Iris Diameter (HVID) to assess correct contact lens diameter
• Pupil diameter and eccentricity for GP lens fitting and multi focal contact lens choice
• Lid margin to pupil margin for bifocal lens fitting
For general diagnosis and documentation, Eye Check also measures:
• Interpupillary distance for eyeglass fitting
• Margin reflex distance for detection and documentation of ptosis in endocrine disorders, as well as pre- and post-surgical comparison
• Strabismus angle for Amblyopia and Strabismus screening with objective documentation of strambismus amplitude
For more information go to Volk.com/eyecheck